Monday, May 6, 2013

Hello, and welcome!

At the request of many friends I have opted to create a blog to showcase my crafts.  I hope to include tutorials for those that are starting out on there own.  So, please feel free to request help.  I am new to blogging, so please be patient as I learn.  >^.^<

So, why "Chains, Lace, and Grommets!  Oh My!"?  I grew up in a very conservative environment.  Women were expected to learn to cook, clean, and sew.  I hated all of the above.  What I have found to love and have a passion for is making things, and the thing I love the most is making people smile.  I make things that I can't find in stores.  I make costumes, I make scarves, I make hats, and I make dreams come true.  I am a nerd.  I play video games, watch anime, cosplay, and go to conventions.  Because of my background there are quite a few people that look down on what I do.  These are people near and dear to me, and some have even called my costumes "inappropriate" and "racy".  Keep in mind that I was told that "women who wear black are asking men to take advantage of them," so it wasn't that difficult to get their stamp of disapproval.  The chains, lace, and grommets come into play quite frequently in the things that I make.  The things that I make the most often are steampunk, fantasy, historical, gothic, or cyberpunk.  I find that I am working with corsets, lace trims, and chain accents more often then anything else I do.

So, let's all of fun, and enjoy the adventures that lie ahead.  >^.^<

1 comment: