Monday, June 24, 2013

The Beginnings of a Second Double Knit Project

I was hoping to have more of this completed before my first post of it, but since I have two conflicting personal goals I had to pull this out sooner.  Conflicting goal #1 - updating my blog every Monday.  Conflicting goal #2 - never posting anything that was commissioned from me.  (I respect my costumers and their privacy, so unless explicitly asked I won't post anything I'm making for them.  Besides my blog isn't about bringing in business.  That isn't the tone I want for my blog.)  So, with only having this between a quarter and a fifth of the way complete here is the beginnings of my next double knit scarf.


To the untrained eye this may look much like my last double knit project, The One Ring Scarf, but this is in fact the inscription for The Elvish Love Ring.  Here is a like to one of the sites featuring it -------->  *clicky*  The Elvish Love Ring is inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, and The One Ring.  It is said to be in the Elvish language that Tolkien created for his books.  The first time I ran into it was when I was in high school, and Peter Jackson's version of The Lord of the Ring was being produced.  I've been in love with it ever since.



I made this pattern myself.  I made it to the same dimensions as The One Ring Scarf I made, so they will be a matched set once this is complete.  If you are interested in a copy of the pattern or know someone that would like it let me know, and I will send it to you electronically.  No charge for it, completely free.  I found it interesting that there are multiple versions of this inscription.  Mostly the appearance of different things in the inscription, such as the "O" like characters in my scarf.  I learned that after I made my pattern, and started working on the scarf, but overall I'm pretty happy with the inscription I used.



No comments:

Post a Comment