Saturday, July 5, 2014

$1.00 Crafting Days

It has been a while since I posted anything.  I have been busy, and quite a few things have changed in my life.  I now have a full time job, I moved twice (in one month no less), and I've returned to school to pursue a second bachelors degree.  At this point in time crafts have been coming in quick little projects that I can get done in one sitting.  I'm still working a few long term projects.  Some of this is due to not having time.  Some of it is due to me making things for my wonderful sister.  Some of it comes from not having any space to make anything (now living in a friend's attic.  Kind of small, but it came prefurnished.  So, are stuff is all in storage . . . including all of my craft stuff minus a few things I had out that I was working on.)  And, some of it is due to not having much money for large craft projects.  I have some plans for some fun things to come once I get a bit more cash flow coming in.  This all leads me to my current post my $1.00 craft days.  >^.^<

Ladybug key chain kit from Target
This was the first one I picked up.  I remember making little bead lizards in middle school, and I saw this I picked it up on a whim.  It was nice to have the afternoon as break.  Plus, it was a good reward for finishing up my homework early one week.

I call this one "Glitter by Number"
I work next to a Dollar Tree.  I often go over there to pick up this to occupy my time during down time at work.  Normally in the form of puzzle books and brain teasers I do on my breaks.  I picked this one up because it reminded me of Dustin and myself.  It is a sticker that has a wax paper back with a stenciled image on it that comes off based on the lines.  Each piece has a number on it based on glitter color.  Take the back off one section at a time and cover it with the corresponding glitter.  After everything is covered in glitter you are left with a glitter picture.

I do apologize for the photos.  My camera is also in storage and I had to you my phone, so they are a we bit blurry.  Things will be interesting for a while, but I think I am okay with that.  Nothing in life is permanent.  I am also figuring out ways to still enjoy my hobbies in my current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment